About the program/course of study
he Higher Professional Technician in Food Supplements, Health and Well-Being is the Professional who is able to plan, coordinate, promote and monitor the sale of food supplements, natural products and food products, after assessing the needs of the customer, taking into account the principles of safety, health and well-being, in a holistic and individualized approach to the client, following principles of professional ethics.
The objective of this course is training in the following specific skills:
- Identify and describe the characteristics of food supplements, natural and food products;
- Ensuring compliance with safety requirements with regard to potentially sustainable products, as well as supervising the quality of products according to their specifications;
- Manage and supervise the sale of food supplements, natural and food products;
- Collaborate, in a proactive way, in the promotion of healthy lifestyles, in the advice and clarification of the most adequate product to the condition of each client;
- Ensuring and supervising compliance with legal and regulatory procedures relating to the distribution of food supplements, natural and food products;
- Monitor the results of the implementation of the marketing and communication strategy, and implement appropriate measures for continuous improvement of communication processes;
- Manage, organize and streamline the sale of products and services;
- Manage, organize and plan the tasks inherent to the supply, storage of products and inventory control.
Confers a diploma of higher professional technician
In accordance with Article 40 E of DL no. 63/2016 of 13 September, the HPTC courses taught at IPSN are open to: a. Those who have completed secondary education or legal equivalent; b. Those who pass special exams to evaluate capacity to attend higher education for those over 23 years old, held, for the course in question, in accordance with the terms of DL no. 64/2006, of 21 March, altered by DL no. 113/2014, of 16 July and DL no. 63/2016 of 13 September. The HPTC is also open to applicants who hold a technological specialization diploma, a higher professional technician diploma or a higher education degree.
Type of recognition
The Higher Professional Technician in Thermalism and Well-Being possesses a range of diverse, alternative functions that they may perform, both autonomously or as part of a team, in: - thermal units; - hotels; - spas; - aesthetic and massage clinics; - beauty centers; - natural medicine clinics; - health clubs; - and other institutions in the area of promoting health and well-being.